Thursday, June 14, 2012

This is my time...

After almost a year of separation, we signed and filed the divorce papers on June 8, 2012.  That night, I had dinner with a new friend (hooray!) who suggested that this should be "The Year of Me."  Take the year and do whatever makes me happy.  Go on dates...lots of dates...without looking or hoping for a relationship.  So, thanks to Tammy, that's exactly what I'm going to do.  I'm going to throw caution and expectations to the wind and see where life takes me.  


It's time to be selfish, so one of the first things I'm doing is ridding my life of selfish people.  I know...oxymoron at it's best, right?!  But here's the thing, and it's pretty simple..."People inspire your, or they drain you - pick them wisely" as said by Hans F. Hansen.  I want to surround myself with people that inspire me on all different levels.  


I'm finally ready to take a stand and do what I feel is right for me, not what others think I should do.  That means it's time to do a little "de-cluttering" and for once, I'm not afraid to lose what's not really there anyway.  First order of business...Facebook.  I think it's time to clear out the friends list.  507 friends?  Really?  Do I really know 507 people closely enough to want to share bits of my life with them?  Yeah...no.  


Second order of business...back to crafting.  I've been out of the game WAY too long and I'm finally starting to miss it.  The first project on tap is to transform a filing cabinet that has been sitting in the garage in need of some TLC.  I found this on Pinterest (get used to seeing that word) and am so excited!!  My cabinet looks just like this, only bigger.  






I'm curious to see how many get cut from FB and how the cabinet project turns out!!  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a minute to send me a note! How I love a little love!