Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Taking a Stand


via

Remember this post from the other day?  Well, it's done...the post-it has been delivered.  Ok, so I didn't actually leave a post-it note, since that wouldn't have been possible :)


Text was the chosen form of communication.  I realize more and more how texting should not be a major form of communication.  I completely misinterpreted the "tone" in his messages.  In the end, it didn't matter, but it still got a little confusing for a quick minute.


Part of me feels better because I know I did what needed to be done.  I finally stood up for my values and my needs.  I put myself first and decided that I wasn't going to settle.  Bravo me, right?!


via


The other little part feels broken.  That's only normal, right?  I had to end something with someone that meant something to me.  And it sucks.  Big time.  And honestly, it should have been done a while ago.  I should have listened to my gut a few weeks ago instead of falling a little more and more.  But ultimately, I could only let go when I felt the time was right.


via 

So I keep giving myself a pep talk.  Reminding myself that it's ok to be a little selfish and what I feel is best for me.  It's been a bumpy road, this past year.  But I finally feel like there is air in the tires and the road is turning to pavement instead of gravel.


via 






1 comment:

  1. Break ups, no matter how much that person means, are hard. They suck. I recently broke up with my best friend. It was so toxic. I had no choice. It hurt, I miss him, but it was what I needed.

    Good for you for sticking up for what you need. We hardly ever do that as woman!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to send me a note! How I love a little love!