|Ready for the show to start...aren't we cute?!|
So, naturally, this gets me thinking on the other "stuff" in life that annoys me...like nails on a chalkboard. Let's see how long this list gets, shall we?
1. Back-to-back texters. We probably all have a friend that does this. They send 5 one line (sometimes on word) texts back to back. I thought that I was only annoyed by this when I didn't have unlimited texting, but sadly that's just not true. Think about what you want to say, formulate a thought, then type.
2. Text typing. I'll admit that maybe I'm a snob when it comes to this one. I've always had a love for English and grammar. Am I always grammatically correct? Hell no! It actually takes me longer to type "c u l8tr" than "see you later." Like everything, there's a time and a place for this stuff. The time is NOT when you are trying to impress me (ie...dudes that want to go out on a date) and the place is NOT...well...anywhere for me. While I'm at it, I'll throw in typing in all caps all the time...seriously, it's just plain lazy, people.
3. People that check in EVERYWHERE on Facebook. Do I really need to know your every move every day? Yeah, not so much. It's a sure-fire way for me to unsubscribe to you.
|Image from Cloud High Club|
4. Doing anything other than paying attention in a drive-thru line. I swear to you I was behind someone yesterday that was balancing her checkbook while we sat in line at McDonald's. I must have had to honk at her 3 times so she would realize that she needed to move on up. Pay attention.
|Image from BelchSpeak|
5. Whistling and humming. I don't really have an explanation on this one. It's just annoying.
6. Expecting an immediate response from a text. If what you need is that important, pick up the damn phone and call. Oh, and don't call, not leave a message, and expect me to call you back.
|Image from Parents Shouldn't Text|
8. Parents that let their children scream in a restaurant. I don't think this really needs an explanation, do you?
|Image from Oz Has Spoken|
10. Driver that slam on their brakes when they see a cop has pulled someone over. Ok, I'm not saying that you should continue to break the law if you are speeding, but do you really think the cop is going to abandon his original mission, jump in his car, and chase you down? I think the Magic 8 Ball would say "not likely." Just let your foot off the gas and gradually slow down instead of causing an accident.
Your turn...what's on your list??